Friday, January 12, 2007

whole cloth handquilted

These examples of my whole cloth quilts that i ahve handquilted have been done for my sons as family heirlooms. We call them our baptismal quilts. One for each of the boys, Roland and Scott for when they give me grandchildren. Dont keep me waiting to long guys! In the mean time my beautiful godson Kadyn used one at his baptism. The top quilt is Scotts as he was living at home when I quilted this one so he has put dibs on it.
The bottom picture was the next step up and this quilt is single bed size. I still havent mastered getting good clear shots but I think if you click on the photo it will enlarge and show better detailing


8 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

I love wholecloth quilts. Beautifully done. What a wonderful family tradition/heirloom!

Unknown said...

Very nice!!! Its hand quilted?

Sarah and Jack said...

Those are gorgeous!

Tracy said...

they are beautiful. And you should see Sues handquilting it is so fine. How many stitches to an inch are you Sue? It's weaving not quilting!

Sue said...

thanks Tracy. I am very proud to say that I can acheive 11 or 12 stitches per inch..yehaaaaaaaaaa

Debra Dixon said...

Just fabulous! what an heirloom, indeed! 11-12? that's all? *wink*

Jenni said...

Very nice - I have had one class in hand quilting, then zilch. One day...

Unknown said...

Your whole cloth quilts are very beautiful. What a wonderful tradition to give to the children in your family. I have just finished a full size whole cloth and used a scalloped binding. You can see it on my blog.