Thursday, April 12, 2007

An old favorite

I have recently been looking at quilt photos and noticed how my taste changes. 4 years ago I made the bottom quilt after completing a machine quilting workshop with Adina Sullivan, then 3 years ago I made the top quilt to help me give up smoking and Iadored the bright, vibrant fabrics. No pastels, country or pales colours for me. Bold and brilliant only. Now as much as I still love these quilts and have never been able to part with them, my colour preferences have totally changed to romantic florals and tamer colour ways. I wander if I will go full circle back to the brights

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Is the bottom one made from the hand dyes we did? The day we dyed a rainbow. Gosh I miss ya :)

SeamRippstress said...

I'm still into the vibrants. I quit smoking only 3 mos ago. You've inspired me to pick up hand embroidery now!